parlez vous victoire?

Monday, August 21, 2006

more google to oogle over

i've heard rumours of google buying blogger.com, but until now it seems everything's been business as usual... until the other day, when i saw a little orange square inviting me to convert my blog to the new blogger beta... it is really i tempting i tell you, especially for a google addict as myself... however being the cautious gal i am, and being warned that one cannot "undo" the transformation from blogger pumpkin to google princess, i continued reading, having cunningly distracted my mouse from the glowing "continue" button.




















first the good news... there are lots of funky new features like:

  • New ways to customize your template (Drag and drop page elements and easily change your template's font and color scheme)
  • Private blogs (Create a blog visible to just your friends and family, not the whole world)
  • Labels (Give your posts a category label so that you and your readers can easily sort by topic)

now the bad... my there are a lot of known issues for blogger beta! this one in particular annoys me enough (and is sufficiently vague) for me not to convert - "here's what's missing: -Edit HTML mode for Layouts". I need to edit my html. that's where all my template functionality hides. imagine if i converted and suddenly half my functionality couldn't be implemented! imagine my fury! (or rather not... i'm told it's rather frightening)

so i will wait. with baited breath. for the google blogger extrodinaire version to whisk me away to my blogging delight.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Google did buy Blogger, in 2002 actually... :-)

LOL

8:41 am

 
Blogger victoire said...

ha ha! i knew i was going to get into hot water for not doing proper research on that google/blogger buy. anyways i meant "rumour" very loosely. as in it's a rumour to me until i am lead to believe otherwise. so now i know that it's fact :D

thanks martin!

9:28 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I was going to mention that! ;-)

4:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home